Sunday at any time
EducationHi! My name is Reuben, and I am studying a double degree of a Bachelor of Engineering and Science (major in Physics, minor in Mathematics) at the Australian National University. I am undertaking this combination of Scientific degrees as the Natural Sciences fascinates me, and ultimately, I should one day like to undertake a career that in some way relates to them; most likely Engineering. I completed my IB diploma in 2017, graduating from St Peter's College, Adelaide, SA.
ExperienceI achieved a 43/45 (ATAR: 99.70), with:
- IB Mathematics HL: 7
- IB Chemistry HL: 7
- IB Physics SL: 7
- IB English Literature A HL: 6
- IB Geography SL: 6
- IB Spanish ab initio SL: 7
- Extended Essay: A
- Theory of Knowledge: B
In January 2018, I was invited back to my School to be presented as a Young Exhibitioner prize winner – a prize awarded to the top 0.1% of students in the graduating Cohort.
I have moderate experience in tutoring, having privately tutored a few of my fellow classmates also undertaking the diploma, as well as holding lunchtime seminars in Science and Mathematics at my school for students, to explain and discuss concepts. As a tutor, I can provide support to those who need it, and provide extension to those who wish for it – in each case aspiring to instil a passion for Science and Mathematics. Furthermore, I would like to pass on my general advice for tackling the IB, and how a student can achieve their very best.
My most notable achievements include:
- Invitation on the United States Technology Tour (2015)
- National Future Problem Solving Champion (2016) [with invitation to International Conference]
- FM Suckling Prize for English Literature (2016); a prize awarded to the most outstanding English literature student
- DE Genders Prize for English (IB) (2017); a prize awarded to the most outstanding English literature student in Year 12
- LAG Symons Prize for Mathematics (IB) (2017); a prize awarded to the most outstanding Mathematician in Year 12
- School Prefect (2017)
- Captain of Philanthropic Society (2017)
- Vice-Captain of Debating (2017)
- Farr House Dux Award (2018)
- IB Certificates of Merit: Chemistry HL, Mathematics HL, Physics SL, Spanish ab initio SL
- IB Certificate of Distinction
- IB Certification of outstanding Creativity, Action & Service (2018)
HobbiesIn my free time, I like to go for walks while listening to music, quite often with my dogs. I love to travel, and spend much of my holiday time hopping across the European continent (especially England!). However, I also like to listen to lots of music – pretty much whatever is being played on Triple J – and watch movies and TV shows; my favourite genre being comedy. Above all else, my favourite activity is to spend time with my mates, doing pretty much anything.
9th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 7th Grade Reading, 7th Grade Science, 7th Grade Writing, 8th Grade math, 8th Grade Reading, 8th Grade Science, 8th Grade Writing, 11th Grade Writing, 9th Grade Reading, 9th Grade Writing, Physics, ACT Math, ACT Science, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Algebra 3/4, IB Mathematics HL, IB Language A: Literature HL, SAT Mathematics, Persuasive Writing, Math, Math, Chemistry, IB Physics SL, IB Chemistry HL, 10th Grade math, IB Mathematics SL, IB Chemistry SL, IB, 10th Grade Reading, 10th Grade Writing, 11th Grade math, 11th Grade Reading
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.